"If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other." -Mother Teresa

Monday, May 7, 2012

home: (noun) a place of residence or refuge.

I've had the privilege of spending the past nearly 2 months with my family at home in the Northwest. I can't think of a better way to prepare for a grand adventure than basking in my roots. Whether you call it The City of Bridges, Stumptown, The Rose City, or the new cultural hipster phenomenon referred to as "Portlandia", Portland is my home and houses some of the best people I know. From visits from best friends, BBQs in the backyard, game nights, new memories with family, trips to the coast, to a lovely graduation causing one family to nearly burst with pride- my time at home has reminded me, as it always does, how truly blessed I am.

A glimpse of my time at home:






See you later, America!

2 comments:

  1. I love the definition of home :). I don't know why but i never knew that the definition was. Prior to seeing that definition I always said that I didn't have a home. I have moved so many times and been away from so many homes (which pains me every time) that it did not seem possible that i had one anymore really. But with that definition I would now say that i have 5 or 6 homes! awesome :) i like that idea better.
    I can't wait to see if God creates a home in the Land of K ;) for you. You never ever know what he has in store for you! But if you don't find refuge for some time then perhaps this will provide you with some comfort like it did for me for many years:
    Psalm 46:1 God is our refuge (home) and strength, a very present help in trouble.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that was sent by liz o :) i don't know why it put all those numbers up there.

      Delete